july and august recap

Sonntag, 3. September 2017 | / |
via
(1) Hollerkat (2) me & Martina (3) twitter.com - @foederlschmid

First of all, you might have recognized that my july recap was missing last month. I don't even know why, but time went by so fast and all of a sudden it was August and I forgot to write the recap. Well, now it's September and I thought the recap of the last two months is gonna be huge, but weird enough, I don't really have any exciting news to share with you. The two things I already did two months ago, learning to get my driving license and working some hours, haven't changed and I'm still kind of busy with this. Maybe you wonder why I still haven't managed to get my license - well, I tried it twice already but failed every time, so in one week I've been given a third chance for which I also have to pay 75€. This sucks, 'cause I didn't imagine getting a license could be as tough as it actually is... (at least for me haha)

Some thoughts in German from an exhausting week in August: Nachdem mein Laptop unerfreulicherweise am Wochenende entschieden hat, den Geist aufzugeben, bin ich an meinem ersten, etwas weniger vollgeplanten Wochenende seit langem, trotzdem nicht dazugekommen, einige Blogposts fertigzuschreiben, die schon lange in der Bearbeitungsschleife festhängen. Zum Glück hat sich aber ein verständnisvoller Verkäufer des Elektrofachhandels darum bemüht, mir einen Ersatzlaptop zukommen zu lassen, da ich ansonsten nicht nur keine Blogposts schreiben könnte, sondern auch meine theoretische Führerscheinprüfung in zwei Wochen auf wackeligen Beinen stünde.
Nichtsdestotrotz nervt es mich, dass ein nicht mal 1 Jahr alter Laptop einfach so über Nacht seine Funktionstüchtigkeit aufgibt und mich damit in 2 Wochen wieder mit der Wiederherstellung aller Daten und Programme beschäftigen lässt. Den Großteil habe ich zum Glück auf einer externen Festplatte gespeichert, aber ich bin dennoch genervt, Zeit für das neuerliche Aufsetzen aufbringen zu müssen.
Aber apropos früher genannte Führerscheinprüfung - die theoretische ist ja eine Sache, aber die praktische wird mich wohl mein Nervensystem kosten. Nachdem ich (auch schon leicht gereizt von einigen sehr unüberlegten Aussagen meiner Fahrschule) endlich zu den L-Übungstaferln gekommen bin, damit ich privat auch mit dem Auto meines Vaters üben kann, war ich erstmal zufrieden. Der Schock kam dann, als mir Papa auf der Heimfahrt, ca. 5 Minuten von unserem Zuhause entfernt, das Steuer überließ. Auf der Steigung zu unserer Einfahrt wollte ich irgendwie einparken, stehen bleiben und losfahren gleichzeitig, was in einem kollektiven Versagen meiner für die Koordination zuständigen Gehirnzellen geführt hat und darin endete, dass meine Füße an den Pedalen und meine Hände am Lenkrad bzw. Kupplung schlichtweg nicht das taten, was Papa ihnen lauthals anordnete. Das Ergebnis ist ein ordentlicher Blechschaden und ein leerer Gehaltszettel vom Juli, da wohl alles für den Selbstbehalt bei Vollkasko draufgeht.

Other than that, I've been reading Paper Towns, enjoyed some time with family and friends and said Goodbye to my dear friend Martina, who you can see in the picture above. It was a very sad farewell, already one week ago at her farewell party and then once again when I hugged her on the day of her departure to the Netherlands, where she's gonna spend one year to work at a social project. I'm gonna miss her deeply, she has become such a good friend in the past two years and as much as I know that this is great opportunity for her I was also sad to see her leave.

Considering what's going on in the world, with all the sad news coming from Barcelona or the hurricans in Texas and Bangladesh, Donald Trump with all of his fauxpas during the summer has almost been a sarcastic amusement, Twitter messages like the one above made it bearable - nothing more to add.

Something else is worth mentioning here, I've been talking to my employer (boss is weird for me to say, because she is so kind and helpful and I don't know, boss sounds just kinda harsh to me) and I told her that I'd like to spend about a month abroad in November. Still haven't decided on where to go, but I'm thinking about either North America or Australia. I'm gonna update you as soon as I've figured out the details, fingers crossed that everything works out the way I hope it does!!
While my wanderlust is starting to take shape, some smaller trips are planned for September as well. I'll visit my friends Ina and Marlene in Vienna for four days and then I'm gonna travel to Salzburg with Verena, who is my colleague at work, to attend a seminar.

Since I've been saving most of my money lately for travels, there wasn't much I bought or added to my wishlist. Because I need to wear Make-up at work, I had to buy some new cosmetic products. I bought everything online at Ecco Verde. They sell natural cosmetics of great quality and I'm planning on writing a review about the items I've purchased. Furthermore, I decided to test some products of the high-end natural cosmetic brands Savue and Nui. I won't write a blogpost about that because I had only ordered their Testkits - which is by the way a great way to check out their products before actually spending lots of money. Apropos spending lots of money - I probably have to do that on flights in November, even if I find a good offer. If you like, you can check out my Kleiderkreisel profile, 'cause I added some new pieces and really need the space in my closet plus the money on my bank account. ;)

And nope, I didn't forget about my five favorite blogposts. Here they are!
  • Masha Sedgwick traveled to Taiwan, and her blogposts about it are awesome! I didn't know much about Taiwan but her informative travel report makes it a "I need to travel there myself asap"-destination.
  • I know, there are plenty of articles out there about body issues and accepting who you are. But Kat from the blog Hollerkat finds the absolut right words to describe how wrong every judgement about our bodies is. Must read: Ein Hoch auf Dehnungsstreifen
  • Take a look at Sloris for this post. Firstly, the look she's wearing is beautiful and secondly, everything she writes about is so true and important to know.
  • Rebecca from the blog "fromroses" sums up how to let things go when you worry about something too much. Pretty accurate and helpful for many of us, I believe.
  • A DIY can't be missing in my compilation. Bonny knows everything you can build with pallets and this time, she explains how to build a flower box. Doesn't seem to difficult and is definitely a project I need to try in spring!
This was my update which turned out to be more comprehensive than I expected it to be. Anyway, I do plan to publish about four or five more blogposts in the following two months until it's most likely gonna be a little quieter on the blog again. See you!

4 Kommentare:

  1. Ahh, was für ein toller Post! Deine liebsten Posts aus diesem Monat werde ich mir gleich mal anschauen. Weiter so :)

    Viele liebe Grüße, Julia ☾ | www.serendipityblog.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh nein wie ärgerlich, manchmal kommt dann echt alles zusammen. Aber nicht aufgeben, das mit dem Führerschein klappt ganz bestimmt. :) Bei niemandem klappt das von Anfang einfach so, ohne dass es zahlreiche Nerven kostet. Ich bin mir sicher, dass ich noch einen Hörschaden, von dem Geschreie meiner Mama habe. :D

    Liebst,
    Any | Echo Of Magic

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Schöner Rückblick :)
    Ach, den Führerschein packst du schon :) Die Theorie ist gar nicht so schwer
    Liebe Grüße,
    alina von http://alinapunkt.blogspot.de/

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich sehr über jeden Kommentar, aber von gegenseitigem Folgen halte ich nichts. ;)